Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Flu and Other Bugs going around

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Flu and Other Bugs going around

    Any one had the funk or whatever it's being called. The sinus, head and chest stuff.
    Also the nasty intestinal virus. I hear it is really bad. Hits suddenly and last for 36-48 hrs.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    Stomach virus is going around at Berea College.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    I believe I had a stomach virus last weekend.. Friday I was feeling fine, then when I woke up on Saturday, my stomach was killing me and I felt really dizzy and as if I were about to vomit.

    Thankfully I only vomited about two times in all (most of the time when it hits me I vomit like 5+ times!), but the strange thing about it is that it didn't last very long - only about half of a day, so maybe 12 hours if that.

    I've had numerous stomach viruses before and they've felt exactly like it, only they've almost always been the common "24+ hour" thing - this one was shorter and not quite as severe, but it still made my stomach cramp up horribly and caused me to vomit.. So maybe I just got lucky and didn't get a bad case of it, or maybe it wasn't a stomach virus at all though I had many of the same symptoms??

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    I've had pleurisy and a bacterial infection "of unknown origin", and then just for the heck of it I caught a cold on top of all that a couple days after that started.
    Was out of commission for a solid week. Didn't eat from Tuesday of last week until yesterday. The treatment just made it seem that much worse. Loads of fun.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    I am recovering from the good 'ol acute bronchitis/sinusitis combo. Good times!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    Have had that myself bro. Seems it's been a lot harder to get rid of this time around.

  7. #7
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    Does anyone take FLU SHOTS??

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    I've not had the flu yet. Thank God. But i hear it's going around.
    I've heard different views on the shot this year. Some who have had it still getting this strain of the flu?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Flu and Other Bugs going around

    [ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone take FLU SHOTS??


    [/ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't have done squat for me. Mine was bacterial.
    Got the flu swab just in case - it was negative.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •